Well, it was a beautiful weekend in Park City (and down south) and as luck would have it, I stayed indoors to put the finishing touches on my recovery.
It was difficult to stay indoors, but, there was no shortage of bike work to do….and let me tell you, its never an unwanted thing to go in to build up an RSL.
It was exciting, our stickers came in….what a strange feeling it was to order another 500 stickers…..500 bikes in 7 years….man, when I placed the first order, I didn’t know if I’d be in business to sell through the 500 stickers.
By the way, if you took delivery of a bike around Christmas time till last month and I didn’t sticker up your downtube, please let me know where to send a sticker to….thanks.
In funny opinionated news, I’d like to offer a racers rant about cross bikes with disc brakes….which I love by the way…..but can since I don’t race.
I can’t even start a rant about disc brakes on cross bikes because it’s so stupid I don’t even know where to begin
1. The bike will be heavier regardless. Light bikes accelerate quicker.
2. The extra weight will be in the rotor which adds to rotating mass which is even worse.
3. It won’t help with mud clearance because the last time I checked the bike still has a bunch crap around the bottom bracket.
4. Most cross courses are generally flat so the amount of time you actually spend on the brakes is minimal.
5. You can bomb whatever descent you want with disc or rim brakes but you still on have 33mm of rubber keeping the bike upright.
6.You’ll always be limited by traction.
6a. Do you (can you) late brake a file tread?
6b. I’d rather be fast on 90% of the track than fast on 10% of it.
7. People can’t bleed their mtb brakes. Let’s try to do it around bar tape and lever hoods
8. I’ll throw you a bone here. Pad wear.
I think I’m tapped out. It’s just getting stupid, like disc brakes.
After hearing an individual from Gates touting the benefits of a belt drive choose ‘and you don’t even have to lube it’ as one of their main supporting arguments of their ‘technology’, nothing the bicycle industry comes with in order to make money off of suckers will surprise me.
Stuporbowl happened….I’m still waiting for the “proper” race report…until then, look at this.